PDA

View Full Version : wire paths,??

steve diamond
12-17-2005, 12:19 PM
well the time has come to start crimping connectors ect and wiring the switches ect in ,so i need to start on the real fuela nd air con panels i have,ive stripped them out,and have fitted new switches ect,i was ready to start and noticed ,a message about "WIRE PATHS" can anyone enlighten me on what they are,??
should make a pro job of it,
the pit is going well with the following jobs on the go at the moment,
1.metal security cage,being dropped off and fitted during jan06
2.projection screen and mirror being shipped during jan and fitted up in feb,
3.electrics in the garage being fitted during jan,
so a busy time ahead,
have a great christmas guys
steve diamond
:D

Matt Olieman
12-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi Steve, Sounds like you've got you project pretty well organized. I look forward to you're updates.

I don't know what you mean regarding "WIRE PATHS", so I'm sorry I can't help you there.

BTW, happy holidays :)

Trevor Hale
12-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Steve,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe your talking about the paths you will place the wires when you wire your interfaces to the switches. I can offer some suggestions in this manor, as I work with electronics daily.

Suggestion #1 try to colour code your wires. 2 methods you can try. (RED/BLK) for +5v and 0V And then use a common colour like green for all the ground connections of your switches and maybe yellow for the trigger side of your switches.

The second method for colours might be Displays "Blue" Autopilot switches "Green" EFIS Controls "YELLOW"

In either case "document everything so that it can be traced if their are any repair issues or upgrades to be completed later. Especially if your having a few pops when your wiring it!!

Suggestion #2 Start with the switches furthest from the end of what your wiring and run all the wires down then 90 Degrees across. Thus making "Highways" for all your wires. keeps things neat and tidy, and will eliminate the possibility of the cables blocking your backlighting.

Hope that helps.

All the best.

Trev

steve diamond
12-18-2005, 10:12 AM
thanks for the info,ive managed to get some burglar alarm wire,1000 meters for core,so i can use this to trigger switches ect and im going to use 12v to power the korrys(except fuel cross and anti ice korrys,)so this should be ok i think as not much current draw,
so much to do,
still its bloody good fun
steve

ekezz
12-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Hi Steve,
If you go to Gert van der Winden http://www.ng737sim.nl site, he has some pdf's of wiring the overhead and he utilizes color coding.
It's very instructive, I think.
Happy wiring, Kester

Matt Olieman
12-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Ahhhh, it's so nice to see my fellow builders having fun:) A never ending process.....

Burglar wire... is that like bell wire, speaker wire. I'm not familiar with the term.

Trevor Hale
12-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Burglar wire, is basically telephone cable 2 Pair Red/Black Yellow/Green 22 Guage wire. However it could be solig core or stranded. I install security systems, so I have loads of it kicking around..

Great idea.

Trev

Matt Olieman
12-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Learn something new everyday :)

Thanks.