PDA

View Full Version : MCP question

737NUT
01-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Is there a way to get the EFIS panel functions w/o the AP trying to work? I want to use the default AP on my 727 but i need the EFIS functions.

Trevor Hale
01-14-2008, 10:28 PM
*** DOWNLOAD THE DEMO FROM PM TO TEST WHAT WORKS ***

If you have the Project magenta Glass cockpit software, (and an interface to control the efiS functions on the ND) You can do this without the Project Magenta MCP. However, please note the ND will not display any flightplans etc. (these are generated by the FMC)

The only thing you will see on the ND is, TCAS, VOR's WX NDB AP and different ranges.

If this is what you want to do then you will be still using the default autopilot functions. Also Keep in mind you will may not get flight director/vspeeds or any other data on the PFD. (unless your using a default Flightsim Autopilot) as Project magentas MCP utilizes many features of the autopilot in flightsim.

For instance, if you want to use the GC with the Dreamfleet 727, I doubt you will get any annunciations on the GC.

Download the Project magenta Glass cockpit demo, and test all the functions first, you will see what works and what doesn't without the MCP or FMS.

Best regards,

Trev

737NUT
01-14-2008, 10:37 PM
*** DOWNLOAD THE DEMO FROM PM TO TEST WHAT WORKS ***

If you have the Project magenta Glass cockpit software, (and an interface to control the efiS functions on the ND) You can do this without the Project Magenta MCP. However, please note the ND will not display any flightplans etc. (these are generated by the FMC)

The only thing you will see on the ND is, TCAS, VOR's WX NDB AP and different ranges.

If this is what you want to do then you will be still using the default autopilot functions. Also Keep in mind you will may not get flight director/vspeeds or any other data on the PFD. (unless your using a default Flightsim Autopilot) as Project magentas MCP utilizes many features of the autopilot in flightsim.

For instance, if you want to use the GC with the Dreamfleet 727, I doubt you will get any annunciations on the GC.

Download the Project magenta Glass cockpit demo, and test all the functions first, you will see what works and what doesn't without the MCP or FMS.

Best regards,

Trev

I already have the entire PM suite but everytime i load the MCP i keep getting stange AP behavior. HArd to explain.

Bob Reed
01-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Not hard to explain at all. It is the PM autopilot trying to take command of the aircraft. You remember the days of setting up the PMDG with PM? I know you do!:o Anyway same thing here.....

npbosch
01-15-2008, 10:21 AM
With normal use, you will not see the FS autopilot when using the PM MCP. FS will only generate the outsideworld.
The PM AP is far more better then the FS AP, so I suggest use the PM one.

To give one example, when turning left on the heading selector over 190 degrees the FSAP will turn over right, but the PM AP will turn over left (the way yiu turn). To force the FS AP to do that, you will see (when looking at the FSAP) that the FS heading bug is changed in little steps, to force the AP in the right direction.

But using the PM suite , the way it is meant (multipc, hardware and a FSserver only generating outside view) you will not notice the "strange" behaviour.

Trevor Hale
01-15-2008, 12:59 PM
I already have the entire PM suite but everytime i load the MCP i keep getting stange AP behavior. HArd to explain.

Sorry, I was unaware that you had. Silly me. But I agree with BOB, it is probably your autopilot panels fighting. Have you removed the panel from your aircraft completely?

737NUT
01-15-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm flying the 727 from Feelthere and i guess i could use the functions of the PM mcp that match the 727 AP. I will have to throw in some logic with SIOC to get all to work but should be do-able.

Thomas Richter
01-15-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm flying the 727 from Feelthere and i guess i could use the functions of the PM mcp that match the 727 AP. I will have to throw in some logic with SIOC to get all to work but should be do-able.

If you don't remove the AP from the panel.cfg you will never be sure that the A/C AP will may be interfere our MCP. It's really needed because we use our own logic and you cannot have two systems beside.

07-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi Thomas,

I have the full suite but at the moment fly on the desktop. I still need a panel for some functions like Autobrake, Overhead functions. Is it possible disable the panel MCP/AP without losing the other panel functions.

Regards

James

Thomas Richter
07-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi Thomas,

I have the full suite but at the moment fly on the desktop. I still need a panel for some functions like Autobrake, Overhead functions. Is it possible disable the panel MCP/AP without losing the other panel functions.

Regards

James

Hi

Disable wich panel fom where?