PDA

View Full Version : Triplehead2go and Vista

brianwilliamson
01-14-2008, 02:26 PM
A very disturbing fault has emerged with using Triplehead2go and widescreen setups such as I use with 3 projectors.
I use my screens at 3840 by 720 without any problems on my analogue Triplehead, but Matrox have not bothered to upgrade and support their drivers to use Windows Vista !!
If you need to use Vista then I guess you are forced to buy a new digital model from Matrox!!
Not what I call very good support.
Regards..............Brian W.

spitfire9
01-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Are you talking about the SGU ,surround gaming utility ?

It says on their website that 2.04 (Dec./07) supports Vista and Vistax64 for both digital and analog machines.

I don't have the Triplehead2go yet, but I'm planning on getting the analog one to run 3 projectors.

magicaldr
01-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Hmm, I use vista and although I don't have a running THTG setup (I have an ATI card and need a NVidia one for 3 screens) it did work when i ran some tests. Anyone else tried the analogue on Vista?

brianwilliamson
01-14-2008, 03:30 PM
I should have added that they do not support widescreen in Vista with their TMET.
Brian W.

Trevor Hale
01-14-2008, 06:38 PM
A very disturbing fault has emerged with using Triplehead2go and widescreen setups such as I use with 3 projectors.
I use my screens at 3840 by 720 without any problems on my analogue Triplehead, but Matrox have not bothered to upgrade and support their drivers to use Windows Vista !!
If you need to use Vista then I guess you are forced to buy a new digital model from Matrox!!
Not what I call very good support.
Regards..............Brian W.

Brian,

Have you telephoned Matrox support and discussed this issue over the telephone?

I would hope that you had, prior to posting that they have bad support. Please share with us what the technicians said. I would imagine that if you didn't get a good result from the first caller you asked to speak to the Customer service Manager.

Please share with us your experience to lead you to this bad support conclusion.

Best regards,

Trev

brianwilliamson
01-14-2008, 06:56 PM
This is the reply to an email I sent asking if the widescreen was workable in Vista:

The 1280*720 is 16:9 wide screen resolution which is not by default supported by TripleHead2Go Analog Edition.

There is a tool called TMET (Triple Mode Expander Tool) , but unfortunately this tool works only under Windows XP.

You call try this tool on your XP system. http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/corpo/support/drivers/driverInfo.php?id=161

Thank you.

I did then email back stating I was completely dissapointed that they did not support their product with the release of Vista. As yet no reply.

Regards................Brian W.

brianwilliamson
01-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Here is their very nice reply as to why they do not upgrade their products after a new release from Microsoft operating system such as Vista:

On our website, it is clearly stated that TMET is not compatible with Windows Vista.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/support/th2go/tmet.php

So, for your case, our suggestions are:

1. Downgrade to Windows XP

2. Upgrade your TripleHead2Go digital edition.

Thank you for your understanding

Brian W.

Trevor Hale
01-15-2008, 03:36 PM
That is indeed a shame.

How long ago did you buy your TH2Go Brian?

I would be talking to someone on the phone if I were you, and see how far up the food chain you can get. They shouldn't be able to get away with that kind of an answer.

You could impose that they never warned you in writing that it would never be compatible with upgraded software, etc..

Good luck and keep us posted.

Trev