PDA

View Full Version : TOGA Delay

hercules
01-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Hello all,

is there allready a solution for the engine spolling delay after TOGA pressing?

It needs about 10-15 seconds until the engines are on takeoff-thrust!

Whithout PM MCP and with another Panel (PMDG, Feelthere) it does not happend, and the TOGA works as fast as it should.

I use PMDG 737-700 without panels together with Boing Suite.

Regards

Thomas

Thunder175
01-12-2008, 03:58 PM
I believe this is being worked on for an upcoming updated version.

sas550
01-12-2008, 04:11 PM
The problem is solved but there's more things to be fixed.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11143 (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11143)

Trevor Hale
01-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Hello all,

is there allready a solution for the engine spolling delay after TOGA pressing?

It needs about 10-15 seconds until the engines are on takeoff-thrust!

Whithout PM MCP and with another Panel (PMDG, Feelthere) it does not happend, and the TOGA works as fast as it should.

I use PMDG 737-700 without panels together with Boing Suite.

Regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

As in the real aircraft, advance the throttles to 60% N1 allow the engines to stabilize then press TOGA, Problem should be gone.

Trev

hercules
01-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Hello together,

as Thomas Richter wrote me yesterday, the problem isnīt solved yet and will be fixed in the next release.

When i advance the throttles to 60% manuel the further TOGA is still much to slow.

In a real 737 you must advance to about 40% N1 and then push TOGA.

Thanks for the replys

Regards

Thomas

eudoniga
01-14-2008, 08:24 AM
As far as I've read from real 737 flight manuals, Trevor is correct about the right moment for pressing TO/GA: after thrust has stabilized at around 30-40 % N1, one should advance the levers and, when they're almost vertical (that is around 70 % N1), press the TO/GA button ...

But Thomas (Hercules) is correct, too ... you don't get takeoff power by sixty knots even if you follow Trevor's advice, and takeoff run - even at full thrust - is quite a few seconds longer than normal !!!

So let's wait for Enrico & co. to fix this, otherwise we are bound to always perform full takeoff thrust, no matter what ...