PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm John "JGplanes"

JGplanes
01-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Hello,

I thought I would introduce myself and let people know why I am here.

I live in Indiana. I am 5 years married and have three children, and one on the way.

I just recently found this site and it is great to find a group of people with my same interest. I have been flying MS flight sim since 89' or so. Back in the 3.1 days I had no idea I would be thinking about building a cockpit or that I would be so deep into this hobby. I have been researching a cockpit for about three years now and have finally come to the construction phase. I am building an A/T-37 "Tweet" cockpit. I chose this because I wanted it to be something that was military, but also comfortable for GA use. I also liked the fact that it is a two place, side-by-side configuration, as I plan to share it with my son and my friends. Maybe even my wife...;) I have a lot of info on this plane already but if you might know of some good information, please send me an email. I hope to have a website for this project, as well. Maybe when I get some pics of my construction. I work in IT and know alot about pcs, but I'm not so great at mechanics, so this project may take some time. I having a hard time spending too much time on the pc between work and scenery development, so maybe this will be a beak from staring at the screen.:)

Thanks for the site, and I look forward to sharing this hobby.

JGplanes

Trevor Hale
01-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Welcome to Mycockpit.org John.

Great to have you here, and I hope we have some resources that will help you through your challenges.

I Look forward to seeing photos of your project in the gallery.

Best regards,

Trevor Hale
Mycockpit - Admin

Bob Reed
01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Welcome John! This is a hobby where you will dig a deep hole and continue to throw money in it for the rest of your life! The hole magically becomes a bottomless pit!:D Look forward to watching your project grow and we here LOVE pictures!!

Matt Olieman
01-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi John and Welcome aboard. We're almost neighbors.... 737Nut is from your location, may want to look him up.

Good luck on your project, we're here to help :)

BHawthorne
01-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Hello,
I have a lot of info on this plane already but if you might know of some good information, please send me an email.

Here are some old T-37 pics I took of a stripped fuselage. Maybe they'll help you in designing the simpit tub:

http://www.fighterops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5197

I also have access to a complete T-37 at the Kansas Aviation Museum if you need outer measurements.

Tracy Hale
01-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Welcome John...hope your wife can join us too! :mrgreen:

HitchHiker
01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the board I'm new here as well, the folks here are a valuable resource for the simming community so I'm sure you're in the right place! Working in IT will probably help you a lot in this hobby especially if you plans include networked PCs!

Westozy
01-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the forum John and good luck with your project, you will find plenty of help from our members here.

Nice pic Tracy, what are you doing next weekend? :-)

Gwyn

jmig
01-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Hi John, I am John. Welcome:D I am building a T-38C cockpit, so we are in the same field. Let me know if I can help you. I flew the T-37 some 30 years ago.

Let's see, five years, three kids. It seems to me that you had better slow on one other activity if you plan on having time to build this pit. ;)

Or, maybe it is the other way around????

I look forward to seeing your progress.

luisgordo
01-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi John, welcome. I've been also 5-6 yrs married to date, and have 3 kids too! Tough to get some time off to spend on this hobby of ours, isn't it?! ;)

Nice to have you around and good luck!

Tracy Hale
01-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Nice pic Tracy, what are you doing next weekend? :-)

Gwyn

Gwyn, probably hiding you from Di when she reads this ;) :p