PDA

View Full Version : double pulse switch

aviaparts
01-11-2008, 01:17 PM
No here is a difficult one (I think).
I wonder if a double pulse switch exists, I would use it on the Garmin GPS (it's like the ALT rotary on the picture I have uploaded).

Maybe that is exactly wat Garmin is using on their GPS systems, could also be a rotary.
I don't have a clue, but the pulse option would be great combined with a Hagstrom board.

yoss
01-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Well ,thats even more complicated then concentric double
It has to have a push function as well
Actualy i did build one like that from two single pulse switches,push
button and plastic gear wheels
There was some examples -how to--concentris double rotarys related,and i used similar idea for the pulse swithes

If somebody would point us to more elegant solution , i would be happy, as still have to build another one in order to have such device for both displays

It realy difficult one:D

Regards

yoss
01-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Some corrections after reading the original post again

The double pulse switch with the push is needed for FMS
as no other way , as i can see, is to interface this funtion

As for Alt , Radious and so i would use double concentric rotarys

Anyway , if Fsuipc offsets exists, the use off rotarys are more relyable and preferred

Regards again

aviaparts
01-17-2008, 10:22 AM
I have been looking around and it seems that double concentric encoders are the only way to go here.
But I have no clue how they can be interfaced, I have been surfing around the forums and supplyers but I am still not standing anywhere. Electronics not being my best thing ...

I have a FDS sys1 board and a Phidget 8/8/8, I wonder if they are usable for this.

Maybe other suggestions, that would be a great help ! :-)

Thanks

Jackpilot
01-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Maybe this can help..could be adapted to your need.

http://www.goflightinc.com/order/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=9b3b8ed83a00354b792483bde8e22311

Bob Reed
01-17-2008, 12:12 PM
The Go Flight stuff will work for you. You need a interface to change a rotary encoder to a switch output to use them in FS. Go Flight is one of the easiest if you only need a few.

aviaparts
01-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Well in total I will need 22 encoders (10 double and 2 single) for a set of 2 Garmin 1000.

yoss
01-17-2008, 04:02 PM
The Go Flight stuff will work for you. You need a
interface to change a rotary encoder to a switch output to use them in FS. Go Flight is one of the easiest if you only need a few.
Well, only in case the if the rotary encoder outputs can be assighnet to keystrokes as some functions like the fms , for example , dont have the fsuipc offsets as far i know
It was not do possible to do that with Fsbus--hoewer the opencockpit stuff with sioc sotware may be alows that, as they somehow douing that with Pmdg mcp,witch they selling

So worth to study those Sioc examples and see, if and how ,the rotary encoder outputs can be assighnet to keystrokes

Dont know nothing bout the Phidget , sorry, never owned this one
All you have to do is to study this sotware interface and may be ask for support

Regards

Paul Thomas
01-18-2008, 04:37 PM
I have seen a RealityXP Garmin GPS setup using GoFlight Modules, the GF RP 4 and GF-P8. This was said to be working just fine and also having all buttons and switches needed. Just a little tip.