PDA

View Full Version : Valve annunicators Dim/Bright question - again.

touwersl
01-10-2008, 05:24 AM
Hi All,

Last week I was working on an experimental setup for my B737 OHD panel using PM Systems and Phidgets. It all works perfectly and I even managed to get the Valve Annunciators light up Dim when they are open and bright when they are in transit. I'm using the MAX2 variable for this.
I'm using the HongKong LED's which in combination with the FDS legends lightup extremely nice.
The only issue is that the difference between the DIM and BRIGHT states of the LED's is too weak and therefore difficult to notice. I can see it happen but if you just look to the OHD one can't tell whether the valves are in transit or open.

Is there a way to redefine the intensities of the various states of the LED's when the MAX2 or MAX4 variables are used?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Olympic260
01-10-2008, 06:33 AM
On my system with ultabright LED the distiction is very clear between 50 and 100 intensity. In fact I have all the LED at 50 intensity.

I don't think that there is a way to vhange the intensity steps on the MAX2/MAX4.

joaquim Sa Nogueira
01-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi Theo,
I'm also using Phidgets boards with PMsystems and the HongKong leds, but was not yet able to have the valve annunciators Dim/Bright transit lights to work. Could you please explain how to do it using the variable max2. Is it possible to transcribe the pertinent commands you use on your PM txt file?

Thanks in advance.
Kindest regards,
Joaquim

Thomas Richter
01-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi All,

Last week I was working on an experimental setup for my B737 OHD panel using PM Systems and Phidgets. It all works perfectly and I even managed to get the Valve Annunciators light up Dim when they are open and bright when they are in transit. I'm using the MAX2 variable for this.
I'm using the HongKong LED's which in combination with the FDS legends lightup extremely nice.
The only issue is that the difference between the DIM and BRIGHT states of the LED's is too weak and therefore difficult to notice. I can see it happen but if you just look to the OHD one can't tell whether the valves are in transit or open.

Regards,

Hi

Just change in the following part the number 2 with the number 4.
Then use in Phidgets.txt for this Offsets instead of MAX2 the MAX4, so you get 25% brightness for DIM and 100% brightness for BBRIGHT.

if valves
if sparvalve1hi
sparval1 = 2
else
sparval1 = sparvalve1
endif

if SparValve2hi
sparval2 = 2
else
sparval2 = sparvalve2
endif

if engValve1hi
engval1 = 2
else
engval1 = engvalve1
endif

if engValve2hi
engval2 = 2
else
engval2 = engvalve2
endif

if fuelcrossfeedhi
FuelCrossFeedBrite = 2
else
FuelCrossFeedBrite = FuelCrossFeed
endif
endif

and as well in this part

if AntiIceEng1 then
if (fs1n1 > 10) then
cowlvalve1 = 1 [1]
else
cowlvalve1 = 2 [1]
endif
endif
if AntiIceEng1 = 0
cowlvalve1 = 0
endif

if AntiIceEng2 then
if (fs2n1 > 10) then
cowlvalve2 = 1 [1]
else
cowlvalve2 = 2 [1]
endif
endif

Should solve your problem

touwersl
01-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi Thomas,
Thanks you very much for your help. I will try it as soon as possible.

Joaquim:
To be able to use this option you should enable the use sparval1 for sparvalve1 option in the main menu of PM systems. Then just add MAX4
behind the sparval1 value in Phidgets.txt.
So it should read: ......... sparval1 MAX4
Of course you also should do the changes as stated before by Thomas if the difference between bright and dim isn't enough.

Best regards,

joaquim Sa Nogueira
01-11-2008, 06:11 AM
Hi Theo,

Thanks so much for your help.
I believe that the concerned offsts(besides sparval1) are
sparval2
engval1
engval2
cowlvalve1
cowlvalve2
...correct?
Will try it tonight and will let you know if I missed something...
Cheers,
Joaquim

Thomas Richter
01-11-2008, 06:15 AM
Hi Theo,

Thanks so much for your help.
I believe that the concerned offsts(besides sparval1) are
sparval2
engval1
engval2
cowlvalve1
cowlvalve2
...correct?
Will try it tonight and will let you know if I missed something...
Cheers,
Joaquim

Correct, and as well FuelCrossFeedBrite

Olympic260
01-11-2008, 10:21 AM
And wing Antiince (It is a valve too). I don't remeber the offset now

Thomas Richter
01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
And wing Antiince (It is a valve too). I don't remeber the offset now

There is a newer file where this is included, should have been released with latest pmSystems but it hasn't. So I think it will be in the next one.

Olympic260
01-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Thomas, why don't you upload this file here as you have done before? I believe it would benefit all users to have it and we could catch any omitions which might be included on the released pmsystems when times come.

Thomas Richter
01-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Thomas, why don't you upload this file here as you have done before? I believe it would benefit all users to have it and we could catch any omitions which might be included on the released pmsystems when times come.

We decided that the files go out ever with latest pmSystems to not go confuse with file I changed and Enrico releases may older files as newer ones.
So its easier to be in syncron, because we are not all at the same place (Enrico in Italy or somewhere in the world and me in Germany, as well Jonathan in Germany or in GB and Katy in USA).