PDA

View Full Version : Auction: F-4A fuselage

BHawthorne
01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I didn't see an auctions/for-sale sub-forum here, so I figure'd this needs to go in some sub-forum:

An auction for an F-4D fuselage is now going on in govliquidation's site. It's been pre-demiled so at least you don't have to demil it any further. It's all there. The engines are in a separate lot. There is enough there to make a full static display. If you have cash to burn this might be very cool:

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=1506806

Bob Reed
01-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Very interesting.. But it does say must be mutilated. So I doubt it would be allowed to look anything like an airplane before it leaves it's current resting place....

Matt Olieman
01-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Although I agree with Bob.... but it already looks mutilated.... Well... I've seen worse :)

Wonder to what extent it has to be mutilated....

BHawthorne
01-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Although I agree with Bob.... but it already looks mutilated.... Well... I've seen worse :)

Wonder to what extent it has to be mutilated....

There are demil requirements on military surplus like that. It's already gone though that process though.

To quote the lot description: :)

MUTILATION REQUIRED HAS ALREADY BEEN COMPLETED.

Matt Olieman
01-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Good thing then.... hate the thought of any more mutilation to that perfectly good aircraft..... (for sim purposes only). :)

aviaparts
01-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Well I was able to buy my cockpit thanks to a post from a forum member pointing the link to e-bay.
So maybe a spot on this website showing auctions would be great as the classifieds area is not really ment for that.

Matt Olieman
01-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Well I was able to buy my cockpit thanks to a post from a forum member pointing the link to e-bay.
So maybe a spot on this website showing auctions would be great as the classifieds area is not really ment for that.

I agree, classifieds are best for personal sale items. Perhaps an "Links To Off Site Sale Items" Forum?

Geremy Britton
01-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Sounds good, would be a nice thing to see in the future:)