PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Down Under

jarrodc
01-02-2008, 02:37 AM
Hi All, My name is Jarrod Clowes from Australia. I have been desktop simming for about 18 months and after visiting a friend who has a A320 Simulator and spending a few long ours in it - wow who gould go back to a desktop ??

So my journey begins. I have spent counless hours researcing on the internet and I think I am more confused than ever. I am a Boeing Fan and I have a few hours up in the Level-d 767 & PMDG 737-800. After researching Project Magenta & several other products - it was clear nothing is going to interface with these products - so I will go down the path of undocking my Glass Displays & placing them approprietly. I have a ly Engravity CDU on the way so I have the displays and nav gear sorted. I also have a few goflight modules like the radio module, TQ6 Throttle quatrant & the Gear module.

My next big dilemma - the LDS 767 or the PMDG 737. How could the decision be so hard. I enjoy flying both of these aircraft immensly. Well for some reason it is and I cant decide on one - so am considering building the cockpit generic enough to cater for both aircraft (eventhough the panel layouts are completely different). Would be really keen to hear from anyone who had travelled this path and interested in hearing about your project. Any advice welcome.

Kind Regards
Jarrod Clowes
Australia

Westozy
01-02-2008, 03:26 AM
Welcome to MC.org and good luck with your build.

My website shows my PMDG set up and how I did it.

Gwyn

ozziesim
01-02-2008, 06:04 AM
Welcome aboard Jarrod, good to see alot more Aussie's taking an interest in cockpit building.

You have come to a good place to get started !!!!

airsideservicesltd.
01-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Remember to examine cockpit layout panels, an inexpensive learning tool.
As you will see the b767's main panel cluster is a transitional layout including glass and round.

There is a need to be aware of this given the parts available to the sim hobbyist.

good luck.