PDA

View Full Version : Cost effective projector bulb source

BHawthorne
01-01-2008, 08:44 PM
I just posted this in another thread, but thought it merited it's own thread so people would know about it. I've found a source on the diyaudio forums for cost effective projector bulb replacement. Here's a quote from my other post. I hope this helps some of you guys:

ywh on diyaudio forums is a cheap source for Hong Kong import of projector bulbs. I've yet to find another source that'll price match him. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=59091

That thread is ungodly long, but the gist of it...take a pic of your bulb or get specs for the replacement and he'll tell you what kind of bulb you need and sell you a new one you put into your used lamp assembly. Very cost effective option. I'm using him for a source for my SP5000 bulbs. He price quotes me $80 for bulb and $5 for shipping. Shipping is probably slow as **** from HK, but I can wait for that price. Reading that thread, he has a long established track record. Looks like he started selling bulbs in 2006. :)

Matt Olieman
01-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Always looking for a good source, and inexpensive bulb for my projector. $300+ is a marriage killer :) Hard to explain a light bulb cost that much :)

Thanks for the info :)

BHawthorne
01-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Always looking for a good source, and inexpensive bulb for my projector. $300+ is a marriage killer :) Hard to explain a light bulb cost that much :)

Thanks for the info :)

*chuckle* And harder to explain that every year you might need to replace it. The single thing that scared me away from projectors initially was the consumables cost. With this bulb source I'm much happier with the decision now. I'm surprised noone else is selling bulbs like this. They'd make a mint, because they'd be able to undercut everyone. I guess this guy has found his nitch market and ran with it. Just wish the USD exchange rate was what it used to be. The bulbs were truly cheap then from him. $80+5 is still plenty good for my needs though.