PDA

View Full Version : Even had to do a water landing in sim?

jberinge
12-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Hi all,
Hope you are all having a great festive season. I posted a month ago saying that I had my sim 75% functional. Well unfortunately I have had to had an unscheduled water landing. Actually my shed was flooded in a recent thunderstorm in Melbourne. Back to the drawing board. See photos
Cheers
Jason

AndyT
12-27-2007, 01:46 AM
Where are the floats? You must not have been flying an amphib...

That is really sad my friend. Dont trash any of it though. Equipment can be salvaged by soaking it in alchohol and then letting it air dry.

QF6228
12-27-2007, 02:52 AM
Thats some bad luck.....How much of your equipment was damaged?

Damien

jberinge
12-27-2007, 04:24 AM
Well, luckily I had built the sim with the aim of having it on hyraulics (one day) so it was on a platform. It was all 5 PC's. Unfornunately this included SIOC code that I had written and modified over 6 months with all the custome input and output wiring which is irreplacable. Could have been worse
Jason

Goose
12-27-2007, 06:02 AM
Crap, that's sad.

But did you try to use HDD from PC in another machine?
I am sure the disks are ok and there is possible to get data from them.

AndyT
12-27-2007, 06:09 AM
Big time lesson here...

Do weekly backups of all your mods.

Geremy Britton
12-27-2007, 11:52 AM
not a pretty sight, sure your gutted :eek:

rottenlungs
12-28-2007, 05:05 AM
Jeez that sucks mate. At least it didn`t get above the floor of the pit itself or, I trust, in the house.

My garage got flooded during a storm in 2004 and I lost a couple of grand (NZ$) of tools and my `74 Rover 3500 got soaked through. It was about 4 inches below the floor level of my house so pretty scary..

Good luck with the cleanup and hope you can salvage most of it..

James

Hi all,
Hope you are all having a great festive season. I posted a month ago saying that I had my sim 75% functional. Well unfortunately I have had to had an unscheduled water landing. Actually my shed was flooded in a recent thunderstorm in Melbourne. Back to the drawing board. See photos
Cheers
Jason