PDA

View Full Version : PYRAMAT entertainment projectors AL-100

manhattan
12-20-2007, 12:24 PM
960x240 resolution. 4:3 aspect ratio. TFT LCD. 60 inch diagonal projection. Operates from DVD players, gaming consoles and PC's
This projector retails at £150 or less! Does anybody know anything about it? The resolution is not too impressive - but the price is! I could buy one in the UK for £75.00.

Is it worth a look?

TONY.

Matt Olieman
12-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi Tony, not familiar with PYRAMAT projectors, but you're right about the resolution. That would definitely be a "Hands Off" for me. I think you would be greatly disappointed.

BHawthorne
01-04-2008, 04:36 PM
960x240 resolution. 4:3 aspect ratio. TFT LCD. 60 inch diagonal projection. Operates from DVD players, gaming consoles and PC's
This projector retails at £150 or less! Does anybody know anything about it? The resolution is not too impressive - but the price is! I could buy one in the UK for £75.00.

Is it worth a look?

TONY.

If it can "emulate" more standard resolutions, it might be a useful solution for outside cockpit projection. I certainly wouldn't use it where any panel or text reading was needed. The other big question is what is the lumen rating on this, using standard halogen bulbs?

Mike.Powell
01-04-2008, 05:49 PM
I think this is actually a quarter VGA resolution image. The 960 figure probably refers to the total number of pixels per scan line regardless of color. Most likely there are 320 RGB triads per scan line, so you're really looking at a 320 by 240 color image. The use of the "960" figure is marketing-speak to make it appear more impressive than it really is.

If this is the case, and the manufacturer has cut corners on the image resolution, I would not be surprised to see similar quality reductions in the projection lens and the uniformity of illumination from the lamp.

There might be some niche areas to apply it, but I would be very leary of buying it sight unseen.

BHawthorne
01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I defintely agree. Much better going with a name brand used projector from eBay if you want to go cheap. I use the InFocus SP5000, which is about the cheapest 720p projector on the market used. I got mine surplus auction. One of mine was supposedly damaged but it was merely something accidently lodged in a fan in the projector. Super easy fix. Ofcourse it helped to have a functional one to compare it against. :)