PDA

View Full Version : Monitor sizes/types?

manhattan
12-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi Folks.

I want to increase my instrument viewing capability (more monitors). I understand that 19" monitors are typicaly masked to show two seperate displays. What size and type of monitor can be used? I have a few crt types, but would appreciate some advice. I am running on one powerful computer, and don't use PM - I make my own gauges with FS Panel Studio.

Thanks

TONY

PS. I 'aint rich!!

Kennair
12-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi Tony,

I don't think there is a limit to monitor size or type. The only limit will be the power of the PC running it all and the number of video outputs. I'm running 6 off my single PC using 2 video cards and a TH2GO, but with a not so powerful computer and it grinds in complex scenery. 3 are 17" CRT's and 3 are 17" LCD's, however I will eventually replace the 3 CRT's with 3 x 22" widescreen LCD's for more effective outside view.

I am currently designing a panel layout in FS Panel Studio (what a great program) for a customers sim using a 19" widescreen LCD for main panel view. No problems!

Ken.

Michael Carter
12-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Size is pretty much whatever you need or what will fit.

I have a 17" widescreen now, and am still looking for a 12.1" widescreen for engine instruments.