PDA

View Full Version : PM Systems and touchscreen?

stefanloss
12-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to quickly ask if somebody has some experience with running and controlling PM Systems via a touchscreen monitor.

I guess it should work, but as PM Systems isnīt really meant to be used via monitor, it is already quite uncomfortable to control it via mouse. So Iīm wondering if it would be worth the money for a touchscreen-TFT.

PeterH
12-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi Stefan,
of course pm systems is nicely working on a touch screen. Have built my self a 19" touchscreen, as it was impossible to find a reasonable one on the market.
Iīm using the touchscreen from Infotronik
www.touchscreen.at
Am very satisfied with it. It gives you all buttons, lights and it is flexible in case you want to try another aircraft. That was the main reason I went for that solution.

Best rgds

Peter (EDDM)

stefanloss
12-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Hi Peter,

thanks for the info. Now I really think I will go for a touchscreeen solution. After all, Christmas is almost there and I wonīt be able to build a real overhead anyway in the near future (regarding space and money).

The link is interesting, but I also found some interesting offers at eBay. Even close to my place so I could go there personally to have a look. Always good...:p