PDA

View Full Version : an A320 MIP is born!

David Rogers
12-09-2007, 02:07 PM
First shot of my A32X MIP. The MIP frame is temporary - the full MIP frame assembly will be completed and in place by middle of next week (about Fri 14th Dec).

As always, this is a poor photo - glare on the PFD, wonky angle, etc, etc (I have never taken a good pic yet!).

You can see the AST PFD and ND in place in the pic - wonderful software! (although the monitor is not positioned correctly in this pic..

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2087

It's great to be on track again! :D

Matt Olieman
12-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Nice job David, looks great. Nice feeling huh?

Thanks for sharing your progress :)

luisgordo
12-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah nice job! You said you used 17" LCDs for the PFD-ND displays, right? I will soon have my MIP too and will have to provision monitors...

I do intend to have the standby instruments functional (even though this means sacrificing the Terrain on ND switch, I guess). BTW, has the AST software the "terrain" feature incorporated?

Thanks for sharing !!

David Rogers
12-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi Luis,

The PFD / ND have a 17" widescreen monitor (it must be widescreen!).

The upper and lower system displays require a standard 19" or widesceen 19" , depending on your choices for standby gauges.

AST Terrain - I think so but I don't have the full suite yet and haven't tested terrain. check out www.airsimtech.com (http://www.airsimtech.com)

:)

Michael Carter
12-09-2007, 06:55 PM
It looks great David. Man, those are some BIG instruments.

luisgordo
12-09-2007, 07:10 PM
David,

As far as the ECAM area is concerned, 19" Widescreen LCD to include the standby instruments, and 19" standard if you don't want them included?

Thanks.

737NUT
12-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Looks good------ for an Air Bus! LOL

Westozy
12-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Looks good------ for an Air Bus! LOL

Lol, it looks like the cross to the dark side has been completed. I wish I could have afforded that Engravity CDU, oh well, one day...

Gwyn

David Rogers
12-10-2007, 12:49 PM
David,

As far as the ECAM area is concerned, 19" Widescreen LCD to include the standby instruments, and 19" standard if you don't want them included?

Thanks.

Hola Luis,

I think a 'standard' (4:3) 19" will be better alroung for ECAM. A widescreen in more narrow and I think it will cut off the standby gauges. A standard 19" is taller (remember that the ECAM monitor goes on it's side) so will be better for standby instruments.

My advice would be to order monitors once you have constructed your MIP frame and have the MIP panels....... that way you can be sure.

There is so much advice about monitors and A320 panels out there! It is safer to wait until you have your panels ready to measure. Entiende?

David.

OmniAtlas
03-17-2014, 05:46 AM
I know this thread is years old, but...does anyone know what angle your LCDS have to be at in relation to the MIP?

I know 737 are at a 15 degree incline...but how about the A320?