PDA

View Full Version : Couple of A320 parts I can't find

David Rogers
12-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi,

I'm building a A320 and either have or intend to use the following:-

- FDS Elite MIP.
- FDS front sub panels, Gear Lever, Audio, etc.
- Cockpitsonic Glare Wings.
- FDS PnP FCU & MCDU.

.....however, I am struggling to find an actual Glareshield (upper) and the lower section that the FCU sits on.

(Needs to be full scale as the rest of my bits are).

Does anyone know if these are available anywhere, or do I have to make them myself ?

Thanks!

Bob Reed
12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Those have to be made by you. As far as I know, no one is making them at this time.

Michael Carter
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM
I know of no one that offers as-removed Airbus parts.

Badge
12-03-2007, 02:33 PM
If you haven't already contact FDS they are building full FTD for airbus aircraft Peter can tell you what they are using or can give you a quote on building you one.

David Rogers
12-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks folks, I'll look at self building first and if that doesn't work out and enquire with Peter to see if he could make and sell a bespoke.

Ta,

pdpo
12-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi David,

just one small advice,
be carefull when mixing up cockpitsonic and FDS parts. They have quite different color.
If you got money enough and you like plug and play material , engravity and cpflight have/are building an plug and play FCU, just marvelous but around 1850 euro. I have never seen a more detailed FCU as that one.
Look at the classifieds in this site, someone was selling part for airbus. I bought his MCDUs.
In fact, thats how I bought every part of my pit, overhead from someone ending his hobby in madrid, mip panels and fcu from someone in netherlands and the MCDUs from ireland. Just keep up to date with the different forums...

Greetz Peter

PS: the only disadvantage of buying second hand like this is that you need fast decision and sometimes the offer does not really come to right (financial) timing.

David Rogers
12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi Peter,

I bought my FDS panels from the same gentleman from Ireland that you bought your MCDUs from!

Thanks for the tip about the different panel colours between FDS and Cockpitsonic.

Your right that the quality of the Engravity unit will be amazing. I am about 95% persuaded to buy that unit now!

pdpo
12-04-2007, 02:47 AM
David,

not to break down the FDS FCU, because it looks also very good.. but FDS have skipped one functionality in the FCU they offer. They did not implement the know for selecting 100/1000 increments at the altitude rotary and they have not implemented on both EFIS the selection knob for inHg/hPa.

Just to let you know, if you did not see it yourself

Greetz Peter

PS : I have seen the FCU from engravity at lelystad this year ... amazing... but also way out of my budget....

David Rogers
12-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Thanks Peter - I was not aware of those shortcomings so thanks for highlighting.

I have just emailed Claudio at CP Flight today about the CP / Engravity FCU - they are expecting to have it stock ready for shipping in 2 weeks ..... very tempting. It is STUNNING.

And ........ I asked Peter from FDS what the current lead time is for supplying their FCU ..... it is currently 16 weeks + !!!! He was really honest (as always) and at least he gave a true estimation of how long it will take. But 16 weeks (minimum as he said), is a heck of a long time to wait - that's 4 months !!!

So I may save all my pennies and go for the beautiful new Engravity / CP A320 FCU ! When you consider VAT and import TAX considerations, the price difference between the the FDS FCU and the new CP / Engravity FCU is not as great as it first appears. :)

David Rogers
12-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Incidentally - on the Glareshield, FDS do indeed (as Badge suggested) sell the Glareshield set from their full size and single seat sims, as a seperate item ;

Dual seat full glareshield assembly CDN$749

Single Seat glareshield (left side and centre) CDN$499

I am going to try and make my own from MDF but if I fail, I will purchase the above.