PDA

View Full Version : Focus resumed and new build has commenced!

David Rogers
12-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Well,

After days of agonizing and to'ing and fro'ing, my focus has returned and I am excitedly back on schedule for my 'pit build.

The Desltop 737NG has been dismantled now and all of the bits are being sold.

I have today built the bones of a MIP frame / support, that is holding my monitors in place.

I've also bought the FDS Elite MIP panels from a fellow builder on this site (thanks!), so they are on the way to me.

I am a commited A320 builder now - I'm glad I have mae the decision to ''start over' and my excitement for my A320 build is tenfold what it was for the NG.... :mrgreen:

I will post some new pics in the next day or two, showing my new basic structure.

:-D

Michael Carter
12-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Congratulations on your decision. I wish you a lot of success with the build.

I don't think I could get comfortable flying an airliner with a stick. ;)

Matt Olieman
12-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Congratulations, and welcome to the world of Bus Drivers :) or Bus Builders :) :)

brianwilliamson
12-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the 'Bus, David.
Let's face it; it is the most modern airliner around!!
That will get the mob going !
Cheers.................Brian W.

Michael Carter
12-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Welcome to the 'Bus, David.
Let's face it; it is the most modern airliner around!!
That will get the mob going !
Cheers.................Brian W.

So's the Rockwell B-1, but I wouldn't haul passengers in that either. :mrgreen:
;)

David Rogers
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks very much guys ...... The more I delve into the 'bus build plans the more excited I am. There are so many aspects of building a 'bus that are essentially more straightforward than the NG build was proving to be. I mean, you just have to look at the A320 MIP, compared to the NG MIP ..... It's a Feng Shui thing! .... the NG panel is infested with odd switches and knobs .... and the 'bus is so smooth! ;)

Sorry folks, just teasing the Boeing guys :mrgreen:

Mike - remember, flying started with a stick! :grin:

luisgordo
12-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Welcome David to the BUS side of the Force... !!

NicD
12-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Boeing pilots have columns and yokes.

Airbus pilots have nothing between their legs.

:p

Michael Carter
12-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Same story I hear from the stewardess's. :p

Just kidding Airbus guys. It's all good.

HansJansen
12-03-2007, 09:45 AM
... I mean, you just have to look at the A320 MIP, compared to the NG MIP ..... It's a Feng Shui thing! .... the NG panel is infested with odd switches and knobs .... and the 'bus is so smooth!

Same holds for the overhead panel - much easier to understand and use!

Tomlin
12-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Out of curiosity- What are you going to do with your Boeing software now?

Westozy
12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Well,

After days of agonizing and to'ing and fro'ing, my focus has returned and I am excitedly back on schedule for my 'pit build.

The Desltop 737NG has been dismantled now and all of the bits are being sold.

I have today the bones of a MIP frame / support, that is holding my monitors in place.

I've also bought the FDS Elite MIP panels from a fellow builder on this site (thanks!), so they are on the way to me.

I am a commited A320 builder now - I'm glad I have mae the decision to ''start over' and my excitement for my A320 build is tenfold what it was for the NG.... :mrgreen:

I will post some new pics in the next day or two, showing my new basic structure.

:-D

"Retard, Retard, Retard" Si Vou Pleux

HOTAS anyday!!!!

Trevor Hale
12-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Out of curiosity- What are you going to do with your Boeing software now?

He can't do anything with it unfortunately.

It's non transferable.

David Rogers
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Absolutely Hans!

Nic - How'd you know? You been watching the Airbus pilots in the showers again? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Eric - As Trev said, it's non-transferable so the intention is to use the PM Boeing software 'now and again' on a seperate 2 PC system.... (using the PM MCP, CDU, etc, on the monitors and operating the old fashiond way with mouse.

I sold all of my 737NG items today! .....The same guy from Scotland bought everything from me and paid instnatly on Paypal.

(He's new to cockpit building but a friend of A300 builder Steve Masson...... no doubt he will find this forum soon!)

So, that has gotten some of my investment back (but I am still $$$ down!) ..... and means I may be able to order the esteemed Pnp FCU from FDS sooner than I had hoped :)