PDA

View Full Version : projectors

eagle50
11-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Hello to all cockpit builders
Is for asking which projectors are best for a visual setup multimedia or home theaters. Happy Thanksgiving.
Thank for the help.
Ferd Diaz
P.R

Westozy
11-22-2007, 04:49 AM
Hi Ferd,

I bought a high definition projector for my sim as it is also used for home theatre. If you are using the projector just for FS then a good quality data projector is generally sufficient. VGA signals from the PC are just 3 color - RGB. Just make sure you buy a wide throw projector to get the biggest picture possible in a small space. (Sim rooms are usually a bit small, bedrooms etc.) My projector is mounted 3.4 metres from the screen and the picture is 2.3m wide which allows it to be aimed at the Captain's seat with a small amount of of the image spilling past the edge of the screen. Setting it up like this just about eliminates the sliding sensation most projector setups suffer from. The FO's position in my 2 seater has a more pronounced sliding effect but it is still very flyable from that seat. Switching to home theatre mode requires re-aiming the beam but it is no problem. Hope this helps you with your choice!

Gwyn

JBaymore
11-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi Ferd,

I just changed to projection for the front view. It is worth every penny. I am using a Viewsonic PJ358. It has a particularly good wide throw capability .... my pit has a VERY short throw available. Retails about $800 USD. 1024 x 768 native resolution.

I'd suggest that you stay away from 800x600 projectors. Too grainy.

best,

....................john

luisgordo
11-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi Ferd,

I bought not too long ago a Viewsonic PJ458D XGA resolution 1024x768 for about $700 USD. Supports up to 1280x1024 pixels. It also has a short throw capability (don't have much space for my sim either). Overall impression: VERY GOOD.

Hope it helps.

eagle50
11-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi
Thanks guys for your help.
I forget to tell you i buying a triplehead2go digital so i need a projectors with a DVI-I. My video card output are two DVI-I and my computer run MS Vista and FSX.
Thanks.
Ferd Diaz
P.R.