PDA

View Full Version : Flight Deck Solutions or Engravity? 737NG Build

olivermbs
11-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Hello Folks!

My first post here, just a brief introduction: My name's Oliver, I'm a student living in Italy, and looking to build a 737NG sim.

Right back onto topic :p I'm looking to buy either

- FDS B737 PRO-M DUAL SEAT TRAINING DEVICE (DSTD)

- Engravity MIP performance line PRO

They both look pretty good to me, at the moment I'm leaning more towards the FDS, but I'm still unsure.

Does anyone have either of these, are there some better points of the one or the other?

I know the FDS is about 10,000CAD$, not sure about the Engravity.

I've been on flightsim for about 5 years now, flying thousands of hours online on VATSIM, and really want to take this hobby to the next level.

Cheers!

Bob Reed
11-13-2007, 01:25 PM
I don't think Engravity sells a dual seat trainer. You may want to contact them on that. FDS does offer one. I think if you are looking to get pre assembled you may have to contact both of them. Both companies build quality products.

dnoize
11-13-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't think Engravity sells a dual seat trainer. You may want to contact them on that. FDS does offer one. I think if you are looking to get pre assembled you may have to contact both of them. Both companies build quality products.

Just to get things straight: we do !

http://www.flyengravity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=280

Initially only available completely build, but now also as a kit.

Stef

http://www.flyengravity.com/files/MIP_perf_pro_001.jpg

olivermbs
11-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Just to get things straight: we do !

http://www.flyengravity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=280

Initially only available completely build, but now also as a kit.

Stef

http://www.flyengravity.com/files/MIP_perf_pro_001.jpg

Thanks for the info! I'm looking for as much as a complete build as possible, as I haven't got much time for assembly. I understand you work or support Engravity, but can anyone point me to a neutral difference?

Thanks!

EDIT: oh and I've seen cockpit sonic aswell, now I'm really confused as to what is better :D

mounty
11-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi,

I haven't used either, but from what I've heard Engravity seems to have more detail in it's products and the service appears to be better from what I've heard others say over the last few months.

Rob

olivermbs
11-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi,

I haven't used either, but from what I've heard Engravity seems to have more detail in it's products and the service appears to be better from what I've heard others say over the last few months.

Rob

Thanks for info!

Westozy
11-15-2007, 07:12 AM
I have had great service and parts from Engravity and they are one of our sponsors.

FDS - looks like great stuff aswel and I applaud all suppliers in our hobby, I suppose that doesn't help much, sorry!!!

Regards, Gwyn

olivermbs
11-15-2007, 10:26 AM
I have had great service and parts from Engravity and they are one of our sponsors.

FDS - looks like great stuff aswel and I applaud all suppliers in our hobby, I suppose that doesn't help much, sorry!!!

Regards, Gwyn

Any help is a help hehe ;) Thanks :)

David Rogers
11-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I recently bought a built the whole desktop NG kit from Engravity, along with their CDU, (and the joint stuff from CP Flight).

I would say very highly recommend Engravity on all fronts; quality, service, etc. My only mild niggle is that I find the delivery costs can be a little high, considering I am just over the channel from them, in the UK, I thought £20 to have 3 Boeing knobs delivered was a little much!

However, all of hte Engravity products are of truly superb quality and the service from Stef is second to none.

Incidentally, regarding your comments about 'neutral' support; Stef (dnoize) is a major player on this forum and a really up front, helpful, honest, guy. Yes he is connected to Engravity but you never get 'sales blah' from him here; just good information and advanced notice of new developments and products.

olivermbs
11-17-2007, 11:45 AM
I recently bought a built the whole desktop NG kit from Engravity, along with their CDU, (and the joint stuff from CP Flight).

I would say very highly recommend Engravity on all fronts; quality, service, etc. My only mild niggle is that I find the delivery costs can be a little high, considering I am just over the channel from them, in the UK, I thought £20 to have 3 Boeing knobs delivered was a little much!

However, all of hte Engravity products are of truly superb quality and the service from Stef is second to none.

Incidentally, regarding your comments about 'neutral' support; Stef (dnoize) is a major player on this forum and a really up front, helpful, honest, guy. Yes he is connected to Engravity but you never get 'sales blah' from him here; just good information and advanced notice of new developments and products.

Hello David,

Thanks for the useful review.

As for Stef yep sure, I understand :)

Cheers!

klm767
11-20-2007, 02:52 PM
I can only concure. I have the CDU from Engravity and really content. I have some delamination of the paint lakker and i spoke with them on the FSweekend and there reply was "We will exchange the whole frontplate for free" So what can i say.
For the CPflight stuff i have all the new kit and its top there service also. Its a little difficult in english but with some extra explainations they offer service to none other.

So both companies thums UP
Mike

olivermbs
11-20-2007, 05:33 PM
I can only concure. I have the CDU from Engravity and really content. I have some delamination of the paint lakker and i spoke with them on the FSweekend and there reply was "We will exchange the whole frontplate for free" So what can i say.
For the CPflight stuff i have all the new kit and its top there service also. Its a little difficult in english but with some extra explainations they offer service to none other.

So both companies thums UP
Mike

Fantastic! Thanks again for all your help guys, it really helps, I just don't want to turn back afterwards and say...geez I just wasted alot of money. ;-)