PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Australia!

Drewsta
10-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Gday guys! Thought I'd drop a line and say hello as I have just registered today. I am a fulltime commercial seaplane pilot (c208 amphib) and a flightsim enthusiast from way back.

My project: I am looking at building a Kingair 200/300 cockpit in the near future and im doing research for it at the moment. I'm looking at a basic enclosed cockpit setup to start with and will improve on it as time goes on. I would like to use standard fs2004 gauges initially but have 3 screens. I understand I can duplicate the main flight instruments on the f/o's monitor with a splitter etc but i'm not sure how to run the radio's and engine instruments on the middle screen. I think i might need a second computer to do so.

Any ideas on how to connect and run a second computer for the middle panel?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Drewsta :)

Trevor Hale
10-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey Drewsta,

Welcome to Mycockpit.org A King air is a great challenge, you should be able to use a Duel head video card to get your radios onto the middle monitor. You undock the radio stack and drag it onto the second monitor. You can use a Y cable to split the signal going to your captain panel for the FO.

There are some great pics of king air's in our gallery. Have a look around.

It's great to have you here.

Best regards,

Trev

ares
10-24-2007, 12:12 AM
my good mate ronny d in perth has one. look him up in fds tutorials. its awesome