PDA

View Full Version : Airbus panels

bindook
10-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Is Flightdeck solution the only company in the whole wide world making Airbus panels?

Michael

Michael Carter
10-21-2007, 08:59 AM
I'll bet Gwyn could cut you one from aluminum.

I'd rather pay a few more dollars for a real aluminum panel that the vacu-formed panel FDS is peddling. Shipping would be cheaper for you so it might even out the cost.

737NUT
10-21-2007, 11:01 AM
I'll bet Gwyn could cut you one from aluminum.

I'd rather pay a few more dollars for a real aluminum panel that the vacu-formed panel FDS is peddling. Shipping would be cheaper for you so it might even out the cost.

That made me laugh! (FDS comment) Thanks!!

Matt Olieman
10-21-2007, 11:08 AM
I think, correct me if I'm wrong.... anyone :) FDS is no longer manufacturing Airbus panels.

dodiano
10-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Is FDS still manufacturing?? Or just increasing prices with a 2 year delivery?? :)

Regards,

Michael Carter
10-21-2007, 08:30 PM
I think they already did that....:roll: :mrgreen:

Michael Carter
10-21-2007, 08:32 PM
I think, correct me if I'm wrong.... anyone :) FDS is no longer manufacturing Airbus panels.

Dunno, they still advertise the vacu-formed A-340 panel. Of course that doesn't mean the two-year wait won't apply.

I asked two years ago if I could get some instrument bezels that they were using for the 757 panels they advertised on the site. They weren't even building them yet.

Gsey
10-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Cockpitsonic have a good selection of airbus panels.

www.cockpitsonicusa.com

Routech for your replica sidestick and tiller

www.routech.ro

Gary

ares
10-24-2007, 07:23 AM
gee..sorry fellas?....
im i hearing this correctly?....back-stabbing fds?.....for what?

pioneering this hobby so that all other companies could buy his stuff and copy it?
being very generous to all with his warranty terms and help?
designing things for all aircraft not just concentrating one one type so we all could buy what we want?

for those of you that weren't around years ago....when the fds forum was the ONLY and BEST forum for this hobby.....im going to give you some important news.

be very careful with what you say. fds has carved itself a history of being the leaders in this field. whithout one single doubt. so if you wanna stroll in at three minutes to midnight and make a call about them, you are soo far off base its incredible.

my 2 pence.

Matt Olieman
10-24-2007, 09:01 AM
I don't think anyone is "back stabbing", and I think most builders know what roll FDS played in our hobby.

I think builders have a right to compare products (vendors), as long as it done within moderation and NO BASHING.

When it comes to FDS, there are LOVE/HATE relationships, as there is with any other vendor.

So "ares" please be very careful with your accusations
im i hearing this correctly?....back-stabbing fds?.....for what? we don't want to start a war :)

ares
10-24-2007, 09:53 AM
i will be "very careful " from now on matt, you are right.

i apologise.

there is a real need to keep things at a certain level here so that none of the vendors get scared of advertising. if that happens none of you guys will have a mercedes benz for christmas.

my apologies.
"ares"

Michael Carter
10-24-2007, 09:59 AM
designing things for all aircraft not just concentrating one one type so we all could buy what we want?

I beg your pardon...

bindook
11-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Is anyone here useing cockpitsonic panels? Are they worth getting?

Michael

James Twomey
11-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Michael,

Those panels that are offered at Cockpit Sonic look so much like mine, of which i had thought was a defunct company. If they are back in business or bought by someone else, that will make me very happy as I really liked those panels.

They were of decent quality and broken up in sections so that a person could purchase them as a budget would allow. oh and the back lighting works well too.

If this is the same company that made my panels that I purchased, you can see what my finished overhead panel looks like in the picture upload section here.

pdpo
11-01-2007, 12:27 PM
I have just received some panels from the airbus pedestal. First impression, looking good but
with some minor defect though. Some place there was a cut which shouldnt be, another panel
had the engraving out of the center of the turning knob...Also I found the color a bit dark.
But they are engraved for backlight and thats something I cant do myself. The price of the panels is still for hobbyist.

Greetz Peter
Belgium

Bob Reed
11-01-2007, 12:52 PM
I don't think anyone is "back stabbing", and I think most builders know what roll FDS played in our hobby.

I think builders have a right to compare products (vendors), as long as it done within moderation and NO BASHING.

When it comes to FDS, there are LOVE/HATE relationships, as there is with any other vendor.

So "ares" please be very careful with your accusations we don't want to start a war :)

So you feel for what you paid, you got your monies worth?

mauriceb
11-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Funny how many people here are on a personal vendetta with FDS. I really wish you would all keep your uninformed & erroneous comments to yourselves. I'm a very happy customer of theirs and I live 10 minutes away, so I know a lot better than anyone here what is going on at FDS and it's nowhere as gloomy as you would think by reading the comments & distorted 'truths' on this post.

Please find out all the facts before spreading a bunch of fibs. Any company building the variety of parts that FDS is providing would experience occasional problems in production & delivery as the business & customer base grows. By your comments here, you encourage people to stay away from a highly ethical supplier who has been & will continue to be a huge benefit to this community of flight deck builders.

Just because you don't agree with some of their business decisions is no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater. This is petty thinking at best and I'm very disappointed that this is so prevalent in this forum.

So, this will be my last post in this forum as I suddenly feel very unwelcome here, so feel free to remove my account.

Thank you,

Maurice

James Twomey
11-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Maurice,

The way I'm taking you read these posts is not the way in which I just got done reading them. I too have FDS stuff and like their stuff. However I think what was trying to be clearified from a posting of just one person that all vendors have ups and downs and it is just dependant on how the customer reacts to it.

I dont think that anyone was trying to completely knock FDS work, and I thought that actually everyone was trying to keep things very nuetral. OR at least that is the way that I read all of these threads. Just "compare but dont knock attitude was being established".

Bob Reed
11-01-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't know why you do not fell welcome. No one has said anything bad about you. We also asked that the bashing stop. We have no intensions of throwing FDS anyplace. They are a mainstay in this hobby. There are some bad feelings but the same is true for Project Magenta as well. THere are more and more places to do business these days and as those places are in this hobby longer you will see (as we have allready) complaints comming on them as well. No company is perfect and if you are a happy FDS customer that is great! Please continue to tell people as much as you like that you are. Like PM if the folks that are happy with FDS spoke up more, and not attack, folks that have had bad dealings with them more folks might buy from them. It is all how you put yourself forward. Your project is amazing and I for one would like to see you stay around. We try to stop the bashing as soon as possible. We will not stand for ANY bashing on these forums of any company! We do our best to inforce this.

bindook
11-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks, i also got that impression about the panels looking the same as what i bought years ago.

I was mostly after the corrie switiches for the o/head.

Michael

pdpo
11-02-2007, 06:36 AM
Concerning the monnies worth...from cockpit sonic airbus panels

Yes, I think it was worth it. I'll have still a lot of work to get them nicely into my pedestal
but it will be an enhancement to it compared to the wooded panels I had build myself.

Greetz Peter