PDA

View Full Version : New Simmer From The Caribbean Island OF St Lucia

seristee
10-06-2007, 01:18 AM
Im a 27 year old fireman from st lucia whose been simming for about 8 years now. I want to take my simming up a notch by building myself a 737-800 cockpit and i dont know where to start. anyone can give me some advice

Trevor Hale
10-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Seristee,

You have come to the right place. All the information is here in the forums for where to start. Try looking around and reading the posts. Once you have poked around you should be ready to start.

You will first need to decide a couple of things. Based on the amount of room you have, do you want to build a shell or not. Single seat or duel seat. This is the number one decisions.

Once you have figured these out. Look around in the photo gallery and have a look at everyones projects.

It's great to have you here. and feel free to ask as many questions as you would like.

Best regards,

Trev

seristee
10-06-2007, 09:51 AM
i want to first start with a single seat cockpit but not the full cockpit shell. just the captains panel and the overhead for now.

Bob Reed
10-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Welcome Seristee!! You will find what you are looking for here. Just do some research and look around, you are heading down the road many have started but far fewer have finished. (I don't think mine will ever be done, but I can fly it!) Keep in mind with a half 737 MIP you don't get the Gear Handle. For that you have to build a little more then half the MIP.

David Rogers
10-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Hey Seristee,

I only came to this forum 3 weeks ago and I have to say it is an absolute godsend, full of clever, experienced and very helpful cockpit builders.

If you are starting out and want to build Captains Side only, you might want to look at the "Desktop Captains Panel" from Engravity (unless you're looking to build yourself?).

Check out; www.flyengravity.com (http://www.flyengravity.com)

Cheers - PS. I love St. Lucia, been to the Caribean a number of times, love it!

seristee
10-07-2007, 09:53 AM
i looked at a quote from ma shipping agent for the engravity panels and they are last resort. it would cost me 3 times the cost of the panel to buy, ship and clear it at customs. i come from a family of carpenters and joiners so building the panels is my first option. been looking for some plans on the forum and haven't found any so far. anyone know where i can look

Westozy
10-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi Seristee and welcome to MyCockpit.org.

If you send an email to me I can reply with some 737 panel and dimension info.

Regards, Gwyn