PDA

View Full Version : A new member

louisgr
10-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Hello from Montreal! I've been a desktop flyer for quite some time but I'm taking the plunge into this beautiful hobby. It's all of you guys who have inspired me in doing this! I already built my motion platform, the electronics to drive it and the software (motion cues).

It will be my pleasure to help (I hope I can) anybody on the subjects mentioned above.

cheers

Louis

AndyT
10-05-2007, 01:44 AM
You built a motion platform?
PICTURES, DIAGRAMS,SCHEMATICS, SOFTWARE !!!! ANY and all of the above SHARE SHARE SHARE !!!

please?:D

WELCOME to the hobby! I'd say insanity but you already know that.

Trevor Hale
10-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Louis,

Welcome to the madness. I appreciate your skills, I am sure the guys in our Open Motion source group would have some things to discuss with you. Please share some pictures of your project in the gallery.

Welcome to the mycockpit.org community, and I look forward to seeing more on your project.

Best regards,

Trev

louisgr
10-05-2007, 10:19 AM
AndyT,

Your request has been granted :D I will post pictures, explanations etc. I guess the best place would be in the motion forum or the open source one for the software part. For some reasons, I cannot access the open source forum. It is a long week-end here in Canada and if I touch my sim with only one finger my wife is probably going to cut it! :lol: I will try to post something next week.

cheers

Louis

Bob Reed
10-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Welcome to the bottomless hole of cockpit building Louis! You have done it now, you stepped ff the edge and now you are forever lost! I look forward to watching your project and we hope you enjoy your stay here!

Trevor Hale
10-05-2007, 10:57 AM
AndyT,

It is a long week-end here in Canada and if I touch my sim with only one finger my wife is probably going to cut it! :lol:

Louis

It's ok Louis...

Get her in here too, our wives will train her for ya... I already told my wife... I am going to be in the simulator until the turkey is ready!!! She bowed and told me Yes sire!!!

If you believe that, I have a bridge to see ya LMAO

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Trev

louisgr
10-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Trevor,

It's my mother-in-law who is making the turkey. Should I start her training and tell to bow as well then ? I'll tell her it's some guy on a forum somewhere. Expect a phone call from her this week-end:lol:

Happy thanks giving to you and your family also

cheers

Louis

Trevor Hale
10-05-2007, 11:55 AM
ROFL..

Oooo Nope, I don't have anything to do with mother in-laws.. Sorry pally your on your own :) :)

LOL Good luck with that!

mauriceb
10-05-2007, 12:00 PM
It's ok Louis...

I already told my wife... I am going to be in the simulator until the turkey is ready!!! She bowed and told me Yes sire!!!

Trev

Since you're still alive while writing this, you're obviously a big liar. If you send her flowers now, they will probably just end up in your tombstone :D

Maurice

Trevor Hale
10-05-2007, 12:13 PM
LMAO... No.. not a liar, I am just at work where it is safe.. Cause when she reads this I am done for :) LOL

Bet my Turkey dinner will be a can of spam and a slice of bread if I am lucky. But at least I will be able to play in the sim.. Sleep in the sim... and spend every second in it, while it is out on the front lawn :)

mauriceb
10-05-2007, 12:31 PM
LMAO... No.. not a liar, I am just at work where it is safe.. Cause when she reads this I am done for :) LOL

Bet my Turkey dinner will be a can of spam and a slice of bread if I am lucky. But at least I will be able to play in the sim.. Sleep in the sim... and spend every second in it, while it is out on the front lawn :)

I see you haven't totally lost your sanity. You're still able to recognize the folly of your ways. :roll::D

Maurice

Trevor Hale
10-05-2007, 01:07 PM
ROFL.. Couldn't have said it better myself Maurice.. He he

AndyT
10-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Louis,

Feel free to post them in the appropriate sections. The Open Source section is closed to the general public since they are working on it in secret. :wink: (Not really, but it sounded good) Actually all you hacve to do is to get with Bob or one of the other Admins to get access to it. (Something I have yet to do myself)

In the meantime, post your heart out! Just don't forget that the wife represents the Aviation Administration and you could not only get grounded, but your wings clipped as well!

Nice to have you here.