PDA

View Full Version : No enginesound from pmsounds

npbosch
10-02-2007, 10:20 AM
I want to hear just the things as EGPWS/TCAS gear V1 etc from pmsound. Not the engine sound. The engine sounds are rather loud, I can set the volume of that client down but then I hear the other announcement not good enough.

I listened to every wav file in the sound dir, but I did not find a wav thats sound as a normal engine. Most simple idea was to deactivate that file.

Any ideas?

Tomlin
10-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Quick question:

I didnt realize that we can run seperate engine sounds in PM Sounds? I thought we had to use the FS speakers for that?

Bob Reed
10-02-2007, 10:42 AM
There are a couple of things you can do here. One is, as you said you can disable the sound you don't want, but if you want that sound, edit it with a wav file editor and turn the volume down on just that wav. Works very well I did a search in Google and got a free wav editor and have done this on a number f the sounds. Works great!

npbosch
10-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Yes, I could disable it, use a wav editor and put the volume down, or replace it with a silence.wav. But the problem is , I do not know which file it is !!!!.

I listened to every file and I only hear voices and a few other things, but no enginesound. And it is vertainly not coming from another program, as soon as I stop pmsound it disapppears.

PS. Does anybody know were to download the complete program?
From the pmSoundsChanges.txt:

This is not the full version of the software. Please copy it into an
*existing* program folder or run the Setup program first.
The Program Setups can be found on www.projectmagenta.com/setup.html

Strange enough my download from the pm site works, but I am not sure wheter I have all the files, because of what is written in the txt file.

Bob Reed
10-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Here is the full program http://www.projectmagenta.com/products/pmsounds.html Are you sure you are not hearing the APU sound? That one is way to loud. If you are having trouble finding it you will have to use a process of elimination. One at a time until you find the sound that is doing it..

ivar hestnes
10-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Identifying the different sounds is not easy. I wonder if there is someone that could list up what the different wav-files actually are. Not so easy to know from the weird names on these files;)

Bob Reed
10-02-2007, 01:05 PM
You can also look in the ini file to see what sound is getting triggered by what action.. Might help....You can also play each sound to see what it is...

NicD
10-02-2007, 07:45 PM
PMsounds does not do engine sounds ... that's not what it is intended for. You must be getting that sound from another source.

In the PMsounds interface (right side) look at the list of event triggers that scrolls past on the list. This shows you what events PMsounds is triggering at the time.

737NUT
10-02-2007, 11:40 PM
He IS getting an engine sound just like i am which is way to loud. It's the APU running or even possibly an avionics wave sound. Very loud either way.

NicD
10-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Wow, thats one heck of an APU then! Look in that event list when you start up the program... you'll track it down in there somewhere. Must be an incorrectly named wav file.

npbosch
10-03-2007, 04:01 AM
That sounds as a very good suggestion, APU sound. I will investigate this further and report the results.
Whatever it is , it is comming from PMsounds. It starts when the program starts running and disappears after stopping. And it is very loud.

But when it is the APU, what is triggering the pm offsets for the APU? I fly the standard FS B777.

brianwilliamson
10-03-2007, 02:34 PM
There is an avionics sound, wind sound and an APU sound. If they are too loud very simply go into the file and put the wave file into Windows Recorder and you can drop the sound level by 25 percent as many times as required and then save back to PMSounds.
.........................Brian W.

npbosch
10-03-2007, 04:30 PM
It was the wind sound (I heard it even when there was no wind set in FS !!)
After disabling the wind sound, the APU was rather too loud, changing the sound.list with a lower volume changed nothing, so I will have to record it at a lower level.

Thanks for the help.