PDA

View Full Version : A Dual software sim-What's the issues?

Tomlin
10-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Okay, if I decided that I wanted to run FSX sometimes instead of FS9 (but keeping FS9 just as it is now), what are the issues I will run into besides needing to have the seperate version of FSUIPC registered?

Im guessing for hardware items like GoFlight rmk's and other pieces that you have to create an FSX profile but what about for software like InterfaceIT for the SYS cards?

Kennair
10-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Eric,

Not sure about the software you mention, but I run FS9 & FSX without issue. I use Opencockpits hardware and software along the FSUIPC and the Opencockpit stuff all works magically with FSX without any reconfiguring. As for FSUIPC I just copied all my joystick and button assignments from the FS9 ini file and away it went.

However I don't tend to use FSX that much as it is very slow on my system.

Hope that helps,

Ken.

ivar hestnes
10-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I have also fs9 and fsx installed on the same computer. Have FSUIPC for both versions. Only problem is that My computer is a little too slow for FSX.

But all programs talk to each other like they should do:)

Tomlin
10-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks to both of you for those answers- That's what I was hoping to hear and I suspect it's probably the same way for most interfaces. Surprisingly, I can run FSX on my old machine in small distant airports and even in and out of Aspen, but Ive never tried it in 'sim' configuration with all my interfacing and PMRJ.

Im excited that once I get a new machine that I can try FSX and its new goodies coming out, but I know for certain that FS9 will still be running good-even better- than now.