PDA

View Full Version : Having Trouble with Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital

mwcovey
09-29-2007, 06:15 PM
I need some help. I followed all the instructions. I have all the correct drivers and settings. I have three identical, new LG monitors. All my connections are digital. My graphics card is on the compatibility list. My computer runs M/S Flt Sim X just fine.

BUT, the Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital is NOT working correctly for me. For some reason, the left monitor starts off as my primary monitor when starting Windows Vista. The other two go blank. When I load M/S Flt Sim X, all 3 monitors show a split screen. so I get 6 similar (buy not identical)views. Same result whether I'm in 2-D or virtual cockpit. The view does move in response to my hat switch.

The left monitor is steady with good picture quality. The center and right monitors are shakey, with poor picture quality and ghosts in the picture.

I'm VERY disappointed, still scratching my head on this one. Has anyone else had problems like this?

ivar hestnes
09-29-2007, 07:00 PM
I think you should pass this one to Matrox support. Could be a failure with your matrox-unit.

Kennair
09-30-2007, 08:15 AM
I have the analogue version but I'm sure the setup is the same. First let me say that the first Matrox I got was faulty. I couldn't get any displays at all! I sent it back and a replacement was provided very promptly. Hopefully your is just a setup issue. Check the following:

1. Check that you have the screens setup correctly i.e. Left/Centre/Right plugged into the same outputs on the TH2GO. The centre screen is the only output active until you have set the unit up in Windows.

2. Go to Windows display properties (right click on desktop and select Properties), go to Settings tab and you should see your screen resolution setting. Slide the Screen Resolution slider to the right so that is says 3840x1280 and click OK.

Each time you start up, Windows will recognise that you have a screen of this resolution connected.

Note: If you haven't got the TH2GO turned on anytime you boot up Windows, it will revert back to a single screen res of something like 1280x1024 and only your centre screen will be on. You then need to manually reselect your TH2GO res. to fire up the other two.

After this you can setup things up in FS.

Sorry if I'm telling you things you already know, but all should be good if you've followed the above.

Ken.

mwcovey
09-30-2007, 02:08 PM
I have the analogue version but I'm sure the setup is the same. First let me say that the first Matrox I got was faulty. I couldn't get any displays at all! I sent it back and a replacement was provided very promptly. Hopefully your is just a setup issue. Check the following:

1. Check that you have the screens setup correctly i.e. Left/Centre/Right plugged into the same outputs on the TH2GO. The centre screen is the only output active until you have set the unit up in Windows. [Yep, did this, but my left screen appears to be the active screen.]

2. Go to Windows display properties (right click on desktop and select Properties), go to Settings tab and you should see your screen resolution setting. Slide the Screen Resolution slider to the right so that is says 3840x1280 and click OK. [Did this also, but instead of stretching one screen across 3 monitors, I get six split screens]

Each time you start up, Windows will recognise that you have a screen of this resolution connected.

Note: If you haven't got the TH2GO turned on anytime you boot up Windows, it will revert back to a single screen res of something like 1280x1024 and only your centre screen will be on. You then need to manually reselect your TH2GO res. to fire up the other two.

After this you can setup things up in FS.

Sorry if I'm telling you things you already know, but all should be good if you've followed the above.

Ken.

Ken, thanks for your response. I fear I have a faulty Matrox. Will see if I can return it. Very interesting that your first one was faulty as well.