PDA

View Full Version : Hello to you all. Newbie here.

SimSimmer
09-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey guys/gals,

I'm new to this world and completely inspired by what you all have accomplished in building and flying your Sims. I have been browsing through this website for the past couple of weeks and noticed a true willingness to help (something I'll need a lot of) on the part of members. So, if you guys will have me, I'll be proud to be a part of your community.

I have decided to build the B737NG (just love the throttle on that thing) and will generally do a search on the website before I hit you guys with questions you've probably heard a million times before. However, a couple of things I've tried to get through the search and have not had any luck with are the following;

1). I am thinking of building my MIP out of metal (FDS has a Pro M version
that looks pretty cool and I have the raw material and a friend who
will form out the panels in his shop) ... but I can't seem to
find the exact dimensions for it.... can you guys point me in the right
direction?

2). I am also thinking of building my own shell... I like very much what Ivar
did with his..... but, does anyone know where I can find dimensions for
the B737ng fuselage..., rib placement, radius measurements etc?

Thanks guys.

Ian

PaulEMB
09-26-2007, 03:09 AM
Hi Ian,

Welcome to the mad world! I cant help with the dimensions, but if you try searching the forum, you will find lots of great links to other builders sites., and some excellent reference material for the 737.

Norbert-EDDV
09-26-2007, 04:20 AM
Welcome Ian,
some measurements for the cockpit shell of a B737 you will find in this pdf:
http://www.antemak.com/737/Download/Measurements.pdf
As you will see, you will need a big room and maybe this is not quite easy in New York .... :wink:

Greetings from Germany
Norbert

Trevor Hale
09-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Welcome Ian.

Many members have posted the dimensions for download (download section) Browse through there and through the forums. I am sure you will find the info you seek.

Welcome to mycockpit.org.

Please keep us posted with pictures and progress updates, and as always if you can contribute in the conversation, please do not hesitate to give your $.02 worth.

Best regards,

Trev

Matt Olieman
09-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Ian, welcome and glad to have you join in our madness :) As you've already noticed lot's of help and information to help you.

I look forward toward seeing your progress :)

SimSimmer
09-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome and fast reply guys. I just realized the post that starts the thread is generally on the last page ..... no wonder I didn't have much success.. LOL.

Nobert--- Thanks for the link... lots of information there. Your right, space is an issue in NYC, but as they say, out of a need is born creativity.

Thanks guys.

Ian

Trevor Hale
09-26-2007, 02:25 PM
ROFL. Ian,

You can change that in your user preferences, Show last post first, or last post last. Your user control panel, options.

Great to see you back

Trev