PDA

View Full Version : One of my Simulators!!

Prof Bill
09-25-2007, 08:42 AM
I discovered this recently!

I do not publish very much as I am endeavouring to enjoy my retirement hobby!!
I must indeed retire someday!!

http://www.migman.com/hw/cp/O-Riordan/O-Riordan.htm

It has moved on considerably since then and the Helicopter Washout Algorithms have been through their final testing phase. They work well within the set constraints.
I shall have to publish some pictures.

Bill.

Jim NZ
09-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Bill, You sly old fox !!!!!
All this and you never let on ????
ONE !!! ONE !!!! of your sim ????
What a neat looking machine ,,, what sort of motors are running it ??? and just looking at the base,, did it have yaw ?? Have you still got it ???
Lots of questions , I know
Would love to see more pictures of your sim(s) !!

Better go, we are off to Aussie NOW!
Jim

Matt Olieman
09-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Prof Bill, I agree with Jim..... sly fox is right. But, better late then never, right?

Thanks for sharring... Fantastic project :)

AndyT
09-25-2007, 09:40 PM
VERY nice!

IanH1960
09-29-2007, 03:11 AM
That's a fine looking piece of engineering you have there. Any movie clips of it it in action?

Would be interesting to see your helicopter washout algorithms. Which effects are more or less pronounced cf fixed wing flying? More general vibration?

Ian

Prof Bill
10-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Hi Ian,

I am trying to now collect all the documentation into a manual which will be available to all at some time (sooner rather than later).
I notice that you live in the UK and I in Warfield, Berkshire so perhaps you you might come and visit when you are in the neighbourhood as conversation and visualisation might be much more helpful and informative!!

Incidently this invitation applies to all who have a genuine interest in flight simulation!!

Bill.

Dutchboy
10-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Bill, I would love to see more pictures of the motion platform you created here. Looks like a nice compact unit!

Dutchboy

magicaldr
10-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Form an orderly queue all the UK sim nuts :)

Bill, very nice project, a mix of simkits, go flight, and a TH2GO? Are the boxes on the ceiling for a surround audio system? What do you fly in it? Heavy metal or GA? I assuming GA by your instrument choice.

Loads of questions, looks like a real labor of love there, and a lot of fun. Hope you get time to post some more photo's (I get all my ideas from here).

IanH1960
10-05-2007, 05:05 AM
Bill,

Thanks for the offer of a visit - if I'm going to be down in Berkshire I'll let you know.

Ian