PDA

View Full Version : 45 Degree views in FSX

brianwilliamson
09-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Does anyone have a fix for getting 45 degree views in FSX without the 2d cockpit windows getting in the way ??
Regards...................Brian W.

Westozy
09-11-2007, 05:04 AM
Hi Brian,
If you can find the side window frame bitmaps in your aircraft folder you should be able to move the bitmap out of the panel folder and save it to a temporary location, then FS won't display it when you select your aircraft. I found the PMDG 2D panel bitmap and erased the centre windscreen pillar in photoshop (which isn't in the right place). Before I had the CPFlight MCP, I used to just have the 2D panel FMC showing on the fwd view. It is easy to modify panel bitmaps and deleting them should be even easier.
Do a search for (.bmp's) in your aircraft folder and you should be able to find the offending pictures for removal!

Gwyn

brianwilliamson
09-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks Gwyn...........will give that a try. It is a nuisance that a lot of easy things in FS9 have been changed in FSX. At this stage not to sure whether it is worth all the trouble getting FSX working in the cockpit or just keep FS9, especially with VOZ.
Cheers................Brian W.

brianwilliamson
09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Found the answer for anyone who needs to do this. \SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\model\B737_800_INTERIOR.MDL...............Rename with XXX the Interior. mdl file and that takes care of it.
Brian W.

brianwilliamson
09-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Although the above fix does work, it stops the aircraft lights from being used ! As a matter of interest have a look at this :
http://www.wideview.it/downloads/wvdummy.zip
It may give some more information as to a better way of getting rid of these side panels.
Brian W.