PDA

View Full Version : Pesky 7 segment displays

Gaspode
09-08-2007, 04:25 AM
Does anyone in Australia currently able to make 7 segment display holders? I tried using a veroboard and lets just say it didn't work out terribly well.

I use to have the parts to make my own boards for fsbus, which I could of used with a bit of fiddling, but alas as I don't have the parts, I can't make them (and it would cost a bit to get myself set up again).

If anyone is able to make these simple boards, then please email pm me.

Able to pay via bank, or paypal

marius
09-11-2007, 08:45 AM
I could do this. I will look into it. Time to design wouldn't be a factor as these are simple. Cost to make is another story. No point making something and getting stuck with 50+ 7 segment display holders.

Another concern is the technical specs. Do all 0.3inch 7 segment displays have the same pin configuration on the back with regards to where the pins are on the back and spacing. Is this universal?

Westozy
09-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Flightdeck Technology supply 7sd holders... http://secure.flightdecktechnology.com/product/Segment%20Holder

Gwyn

marius
09-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Flightdeck Technology supply 7sd holders... http://secure.flightdecktechnology.com/product/Segment%20Holder

Gwyn

For me 19.43 euros would be too much to pay for such a thing. Multiply that by however many you need for a simulator and that adds up to hundreds of aussie dollars on holders alone. I am sure that it is a great product and don't dispute tha the FDT ones are very good quality.

Without investigating this venture I am assuming I could halve this cost. The product may not be as good but it would do the same job visually.

Gaspode
09-11-2007, 07:03 PM
I hadn't thought of all the different combos of the legs etc.....

I thought of a way that I can wire them, just got to get 10 minutes to test it. Failing that, it's just a case of biting the bullet and buying the parts to make boards again.

That's what I find the one drawback of the opencockpit system, is that I can't make the boards myself - after about two failed attempts, I had the complete fsbus system made for very little money, I'm not sure what opencockpits charge for delivery, but I have heard $30 euro, but as I said, I haven't had it confirmed.

I can easily use their design for the segment boards so yeah, just thought if someone was making them for themselves I could help cover their costs.