PDA

View Full Version : CH Yoke Height

redman
08-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Hi people,
Just wanting some feedback from anyone regarding the mounting of a CH Yoke on a pole in front of the MIP.
Currently just trying to find the right height/distance from the MIP which allows me to see over the yoke, but also prevent it from pressing into my legs when turning.

I am building the 767, so I have my EHSI is displayed quite low. This gets partially blocked by the Yoke, and I have to lean forward to see all the details. With it in this position though, it can turn freely.

If I lower it enough to see most of the EHSI while sitting back, it becomes very difficult to do hard turns as the yoke presses against my legs.

Any measurements that you guys have for how yours are setup (including distance from MIP), as well as any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

Michael Carter
08-29-2007, 11:45 PM
I can't remember where I saw this, but I believe the front of the yoke column is 60mm from the bottom of the MIP in the nuetral position. I believe it's around 838mm tall at the top of the of the curve in the column.

If you were in an older aircraft, your seat height would be at the point where you could just see the Approach Progress Display on the MIP under the glareshield and see just a bit of the nose structure (skin).

Hope that helps, I don't remember all of the dimensions but I know they are out there somewhere.

andarlite
08-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Chris

Check out this site:

http://www.simpit.de/b767dim/yoke_seat/page_02.htm

From what I could make out, here are a few measurements:

Height of yoke - 79cm
Distance from mip - 37cm
Height of seat - 47cm

Regards,
Henry

Trevor Hale
08-30-2007, 10:51 AM
I made my columns (actual measurements) from the real aircraft. If I am not mistaken, (I can remeasure them) 36 Inches appart and 28 Inches tall. A good way to get the right feeling is hold the ch yoke in your hand on a 45 degree angle and lay your hand on your knee (sitting in your chair). the center of the yoke should be at the right height. Have someone measure it for you.

Trev

redman
08-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Hi Trev,
thanks. When you say 45 degrees, do you mean tilt of the yoke sloping forwards? or turn the handles 45 degrees till they hit your hand?

cheers
Chris