PDA

View Full Version : Another Unexplained Sound

ak49er
08-18-2007, 12:06 PM
;)Once again I must consult the massive collective mind here at mycockpit.org. Last night, whilst running FS9, FSNAV, and FS Passengers an odd sound occured everytime I adjusted the elevator trim. The aircraft is the 737 Experience, with the included panel. I have added different sound packs to it for crashes and engine enhancements and the likes. However this sound seems to be totally new. As stated before everytime the elevator indicator ticks past a half degree and a full degree, there is an audible "click-clack" sound that I swear I had never heard before. There are some new sounds associated with FSNAV, such as a "dong" when the FMS advances waypoints, or the AP is engaged/disengaged. I have opened my sound.cfg file for the aircraft to look for an association but could not find one for elevator trim. I also (exhaustively) sampled every .wav file for the aircraft to listen for that "click'clack" sound but it is not in there as well. And lastly I loooked in FS PAssengers for an association but I cannot find it either. Does any have any experience with this. I suspect it is associated with FS Passenger but I cannot nail it down. This may sound trivial, but when the Ap is consatntly adjusting the trim this ound becomes very tedious.

Michael Carter
08-18-2007, 01:05 PM
That's the chain drive from the electric trim motors. The 727 and 737 both have this trim set-up.

Bob Reed
08-18-2007, 01:17 PM
I think BSW is on to it. I was going to say maybe the sound of the trim wheels spinning?

ak49er
08-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Ok, excellent deductions, this was also my guess, now, any ideas on how to identify the .wav and eleiminate it? I beleive I have tried all the obvious solutions.

Michael Carter
08-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Can't help there, but I rather like hearing it except during rough air.

ak49er
08-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Well, I searched through my .wav files a third time and still could not identify the sound, nor could I find the trigger/association in the sound.cgf or even the aircraft.cgf file. So, I decided to just reinstall the different sound packages one at a time to find which one added the "offending" sound. Am I missing a .cfg file in my search, should I be looking elsewhere, or are there "hidden" files that could control this? At the very least I wish to change the sound file if not turn it down/off. Thanks for your replys gentlemen. By the BSW I saw all three 727 MIP's on ebay some time back, I beleive the ebay store was called, Aicraft Stock?

Michael Carter
08-18-2007, 09:45 PM
I've only bought a couple of small items from him. I usually trade with Bill or Snap.

I bought my MIP from Bill.

ak49er
08-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Ok, found the offending file. It is in the FS9.cfg file, which was hidden, which I found, ha! It was labeled FDSFA.wav or something like that, now I still would like to find the association/trigger.