PDA

View Full Version : Fsupic Sdk Codings

smoki
08-22-2007, 03:28 AM
Hi there,
i un-zipped the UIPC_SDK_C and UIPC_SDK_MFC from the Fsuipc SDK and trying to understand the codings and see if i could modify and/or read other values of the MSFS2004..however, currently my UIPCHello.exe in UIPC_SDK_C could be ran but not my UIPCHello.exe in the UIPC_SDK_MFC..
can anyone enlighten me on it

Regards

Peter Dowson
08-22-2007, 06:53 AM
... currently my UIPCHello.exe in UIPC_SDK_C could be ran but not my UIPCHello.exe in the UIPC_SDK_MFC..
can anyone enlighten me on it

I don't know MFC nor the MFC part of the SDK, but if the EXE won't run isn't is a case of a missing run-time library file? Have you a full MFC development system installed?

There's nothing in the FSUIPC interface which needs anything from MFC, so I assume the differences are all to do with environment, presentation.

Pete

smoki
08-22-2007, 10:01 PM
i have solved that problem with helps..we actually have to select the Win32 Debug instead of the other

oh MFC sdk codings has nothing to do with MSFS? hmm but i found that it can read the FS clock for example?
can i actually try to change some of the codings and maybe try to see if i can detect and monitor otehr values such as N1 or something?

Peter Dowson
08-23-2007, 04:56 AM
oh MFC sdk codings has nothing to do with MSFS? hmm but i found that it can read the FS clock for example?

Sorry, you misunderstood me -- I did not say anything like that. All I meant was that it is irrelevant whether you use MFC or not to the FSUIPC interface. You can program with MFC, with C#, with VB, with ASM, with Delphi, with BCPL, APL, Fortran or Cobol, maybe, but the FSUIPC interface does not change. You still have to follow the same rules.

Regards

Pete

smoki
08-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Oh sorry for the misunderstanding..
Hmm then i was just wondering if it is possible if i were to monitor some of the values via the MFC codings for example?

Peter Dowson
08-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh sorry for the misunderstanding..
Hmm then i was just wondering if it is possible if i were to monitor some of the values via the MFC codings for example?

I'm afraid this deep misunderstanding seems to persist. I don't know why. Let me try again:

If you know how to program using MFC and you understand the documented interface to FSUIPC as published, you can write a program using MFC to read and write any values documented in the FSUIPC SDK. Of course.

The SDK is provided to help people write programs to interface to FS. What languages and tools you use to write those programs is completely irrelevant, provided you meet the requirements of the interface, as documented.

I really know absolutely nothing about MFC. I don't even use C++ although i can read it reasonably well. I write in C, and in ASM, these days. I used to use BCPL and ASM. But all that is irrelevant. There are many programs interfacing to FSUIPC which use Visual Basic and Delphi, as well as C++ (whether with MFC additions or not I don't know) and by now C#.

Please explain what it is you don't understand about the FSUIPC Interface, and I can help, but I cannot help you learn MFC as I do not know it, and it isn't relevant to the FSUIPC interface, as I keep saying.

Regards

Pete

smoki
08-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Err hope i can put my doubts clearer..
yes, i understand that there are a number of languages that can bde used to program them..i am currently trying to use the MFC language to see if i am able to modify some of the lines to display other values other than just the FSClock..
or if its easier to use their C or something?

Peter Dowson
08-24-2007, 06:33 AM
i understand that there are a number of languages that can bde used to program them..i am currently trying to use the MFC language to see if i am able to modify some of the lines to display other values other than just the FSClock..
or if its easier to use their C or something?

Isn't C really only a subset of C++, and isn't MFC merely a library of C++ routines which you can use as needed?

Sorry, but I have run out of ways to try to help, as I don't understand what your problem is. If you want to read/write data from/to FS via FSUIPC, just follow the examples provided, in any language you like.

Regards

Pete

smoki
08-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Isn't C really only a subset of C++, and isn't MFC merely a library of C++ routines which you can use as needed?

Yes, am asking only on these C's as i think people around me are slightly more familiar with it

Sorry, but I have run out of ways to try to help, as I don't understand what your problem is. If you want to read/write data from/to FS via FSUIPC, just follow the examples provided, in any language you like.

yea..i would want to try ways to read/write data from/to FS via FSUIPC offsets..i noe we can use any of the languages..however, i do not have much programming background and therefore a little tough for me

JBaymore
08-24-2007, 01:16 PM
..however, i do not have much programming background and therefore a little tough for me

smoki,

To jump in with a thought here.......

Maybe you kind of have the cart ahead of the horse? Seems to me that you likely need to reasonably understand the programming language you are going to work with BEFORE trying to use THAT language to develop "hooks" into ANOTHER piece of software that you are not very familiar with.

You might be setting yourself up for frustration and failure by rushing ahead too fast.

Maybe have someone else who IS familar with your chosen programming language help you with this project?

My $0.02 worth. Good luck.

best,

................john

PS: Hi Pete.

Peter Dowson
08-24-2007, 03:42 PM
i do not have much programming background and therefore a little tough for me

Most non-programmers seem to start with Visual Basic. maybe you should look at that instead of "MFC" which is really C++ plus complex library facilities? It is not a good place to start programming. If you want really to use C++ I would advise you to get a good book and practice on easier programs first.

Otherwise, look at Visual Basic, which was aimed at beginners in the first place.

Regards

Pete